Question

Creating a view - Dependency Warning

• 14 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS community,

A view was created using IFS Developer Studio 21.82. We are currently using IFS 9.

After creating a view, I am getting a warning message “NO dependency found” (See screenshot 1). However, the view can be found in the PLSQL developer, and I can query using the view created. (See screenshot 2).

However, when I try to create a “Reference” custom field ( See screenshot 3 ) and I try to select the view created, I am not able to see it or find it (See screenshot 4). So I wonder if the dependency warning message is the reason for not seeing the view. How could I see my custom view when searching in the view list (See screenshot 4) ?

(See screenshot 1)

The following screenshot shows that I am able to find the view using my  PLSQL developer EDI

(See screenshot 2)

However, I am not able find it creating a customer reference field

(See screenshot 3)

How could I make visible my custom view to be searched from the window below?

(See screenshot 4)

Thanks,

JL

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

To continue with my question above.

I am providing the message after I deployed the view.

1- Right Click on “Generate Code and Deploy Only Views

2-

3-

4-

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

About the dependency warning on mrb_head - 

Have you tried navigating to that view in PLSQL Developer and checking to see whether there are dependency issues?  I’m not positive, but I think you’re looking at the Referenced By tab in that tool.  If you use Oracle SQL Developer, it’s more obvious, as there’s a tab called “Dependencies”

About the error on deployment - 

That, to me, looks like the tool is having an issue with your line of code starting with “Select”.   It looks like it’s thinking it needs to concatenate T1.EMPLOYEE_ID together with T1.ORDER_NO.  This may be caused by a lack of space between the two columns.  Or it may be the comment afterwards. I’ve found the IFS Developer Studio to be very picky about things that PLSQL Developer or Oracle SQL Developer have no issue with.  

About the missing view in the Custom Field Reference - 

Have you checked the grants on the view against your IFS Application user permission sets?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

I also agree with Tracy’s observation above. Try adding a space and generating the code again. If the view is shown as valid in the database, could you try granting SELECT privileges on this view to IFSSYS?

GRANT SELECT ON <viewName> TO ifssys;

Once done, you may have to refresh dictionary and reference caches as well. 

Hope this helps!