Question

Create and Manage Base Profiles in IFS Cloud 23R1?

• 24 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

How do you create base profiles and apply them to users in IFS Cloud 23R1?

How do you switch the user’s personal profile off?  Is this possible?

We want to ensure all users with a certain role have the same layout per screen, how do we do this in 23R1?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

HI @LauraB ,

Use the context and context mapping functionality to achieve this. I’m afraid there is no Base profile concept in 23R1 and to my knowledge personal profiles cannot be switched off. 

You can find more details here.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/260_context_based_configuration/

Kinds regards

Ravi

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @LauraB,

As mentioned above, base profile functionality does not exist in IFS Cloud yet but it is in development. You can vote for the following feature request that has been created for this:

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We found several ways to configure the UI:

• Global Context – This can be configured through Page Designer. This allows configuration of the following UI elements: menus, screens, column layouts, command buttons, field layouts, and field names on screens.
  • Lobbies – These can be configured to provide a common UI for saved searches and My Start Page.
  • “Job Role Templates” – We created what we called job role templates (“JRT”). This approach allows configuration of the following UI elements: column layouts, saved searches, bookmarks / shortcuts, My Start Page, table view Vs. list view.
    • The JRT process is as follows:
      • IT creates dummy, JRT users in IFS (e.g., “Maintenance Manager JRT”, “Shipping Admin JRT”, etc.), which can correspond with security roles if desired.
      • BPOs log in to the JRT user accounts and configure the UI settings as desired for that role.
      • Managers specify which JRT to use when requesting new users.
      • IT Operations exports User Profiles from Cloud JRT accounts and imports these to new user accounts where a JRT is designated. In Apps 9, IT Operations could also just copy the JRT user in order to create the new user.

I hoe this helps.