Solved

Conditional Formatting on Material Status

• 20 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am attempting to make it easier for Shop Floor users to understand when there is a material shortage on Shop Floor Workbench. Currently, on the materials tab, there is a red exclamation if a certain material is short. Is it possible to use conditional formatting to highlight that row to make the problem more visual? I have not seen a way or column on that tab where it could be setup. I’m assuming there is something that enables that status alert, but I cannot find the column to use for CF. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by paul harland 25 August 2020, 01:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Chad,

according to the help:

If the part is set to consumed and available quantity on Inbound Location(s) is lower than the remaining quantity for the part, a dark green exclamation mark will appear in the left margin.

If the part is set to consumed and available quantity is lower than the remaining quantity for the part, a red exclamation mark will appear in the left margin.

That sounds to me like there is no field in the DB view that stores the “answer”; rather, it is calculated by the page in runtime.  

The way to do what you are asking then, is to create a calculated (read-only) custom field that replicates this behaviour, returning a value from RED, GREEN, or NONE.  Then you could do your conditional formatting based on that field.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @paul harland yes, that’s exactly what we ended up doing. So far, the functionality has behaved exactly as we were hoping. Thank you!