Question

Company logo

• 15 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

A new company logo was uploaded and the path has been added to the Document logotype, but the logo comes out totally dark and unreadable.

Is there a way to fix this

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @zryibrahima,

What is the file format and the resolution of the logo image? Use a non animated GIF file and preferably a smaller resolution that would be appropriate for a report logo. Furthermore, please check if you get the same issue for all the reports or just some reports to narrow down whether it is due to how certain image properties are set in the layout.

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi Charith,

Thanks for responding

The format is also .png.

The default IFS logo shows up correctly but the custom logo I provided always comes out wrong.
Is there a specific format or dimension thats best?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @zryibrahima,

Create the logo in ‘GIF’ format. Make sure it is a non animated GIF file. There is no specific resolution as per my knowledge, but since your image has a high resolution, scaling it down to a size more appropriate for a logo would help.You can use an image converter tool available online for this.

If you can attach the image here, I can see if I get the same problem in our reference environments.

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

I have attached 2 different logos, please take a look.

If the issue still exists on your end then i’ll have to convert the format to GIF.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @zryibrahima,

This appears to be happening because your logo image which is in PNG format has a transparent background, which gets a black background when the report is rendered. For such logos, you can first convert the image to JPG format, which will change the background from transparent to white. Then convert it to GIF format. 

I have attached a converted image here. Please try and see if it works. 

Badge +1

Hi Charith,

It does not let me download the image.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @zryibrahima,

Please check now. 

Badge +1

Thank you Charith, will keep you posted