Question

Can you decode the IFSPRINT password from the XML

• 11 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

We are in the planning stages of migrating our IFS Print Server from Server 2012 to Server 2019, which includes going from Java to .NET Print Agents. Currently it seems that we’ve only got the encrypted version of the password in the XML file, as the previous person to me either didn’t document it or our vendor set this up when we went to IFS cloud.

My question is can we decode this password without having to consult support to reset the password? Not really wanting to have down time or schedule after hours work to make a password change.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Have you tried logging into the database through sql developer/sqlpus as ifsprint using the usual IFS passwords.

If the ifsprint password hasn’t changed since installation, then it IFS should be able to give it to you. Probably just need to open a ticket.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@jpreuss,

Yes you can decrypt your Weblogic password. please refer the below thread.(Reply from- Charith Epitawatta

Badge +2

Have you tried logging into the database through sql developer/sqlpus as ifsprint using the usual IFS passwords.

If the ifsprint password hasn’t changed since installation, then it IFS should be able to give it to you. Probably just need to open a ticket.

Thank you. I don’t have the SQL access, but I just went ahead and recovered the password from IFS support.