Question

Barcode/QR codes are not printed after applying UPD18 in APP10

• 4 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

After applying UPD18 Barcode/QR codes are not visible in any report. Even though  data is coming to the field, report is not converting those data to Barcode/QR code. I have tried to print several different reports with barcodes and QR codes and all of those reports had the same problem.

I have tried to print the same report with same layout in an environment with UPD16. In there all the Barcode/QR codes are displayed without any issues.

Is this a known issue ? Is there a fix or a workaround for this issue ?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Pheonix ,

Is your issue resolved? I’m experiencing a same issue

/Shanaka

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Shanaka Tennakoon  @Pheonix I was working with a customer that experienced the same issue after upgrading to UPD18. It seems there was some weird Java issue on how the barcodes were rendered and IFS has provided some hotfix.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Marcel.Ausan ,

Thank you for this update. do you have the case id or any patch id solved this issue?

/Shanaka

@Shanaka Tennakoon  @Pheonix I was working with a customer that experienced the same issue after upgrading to UPD18. It seems there was some weird Java issue on how the barcodes were rendered and IFS has provided some hotfix.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Shanaka Tennakoon sorry, I don’t, but maybe @BeaOvidiR could provide some patch id or IFS case number.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

From the initial investigations of IFS, it seems it was necessary to perform manual actions by IFS in order to deploy the correct  ifs_report_designer.jar file, but I don’t know the details. 
The cases are CS0159709 and CS0160201. 
I hope the above is helpful for you.

/Ovidiu

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Issue is resolved with this

Bug ID   164981