Question

Barcode in Crystal report Quick reports IFS cloud 22r2

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 34 replies

Hi. I have an customer that tries to use barcode 3 of 9 in a crystal report quick report. We have installed the 3 of 9 font into the server running the crystal report webservice, and also installed it into the client machine. Still the barcode is just presented as *<number>*. Is it not alowed with custom font’s in IFS cloud?

Do we need to add the 3 of 9 font into any of the docker containers (IFS-REPORTING-CR) and if that’s the case how to do it? Bug??

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

KJRO,

This sounds as if it may be the same case & customer as an existing case I’m now working.  I’ve checked with the IFS Support’s SME for reporting.  This engineer explained how there are only a limited number of barcode fonts which are currently supported by IFS Cloud.  Our customer needs to make sure of the following:

- the barcode font you've named is actually one of those supported by IFS Cloud

- the barcode font has been configured as needed in the Font Substitution screen

Also note that for IFS Cloud versions the IFS Report Designer tool has a larger pool of support within IFS Support and IFS R&D.  Crystal has minimal levels of support and expertise within these areas of IFS.  If the report can’t be made to work with the barcode font in Crystal it may be easier to convert the report to use IFS Report Designer instead.

Eugene Wager, Systems Engineer, GSD Technology (IFS Support)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Eugene Wager do you  know where the supported barcode fonts is documented? 

I think the problem is the ifsapp-reporting-cr pod has limited amount of fonts and dosn’t manage to present the font. If the report is converted to rtf, pdf or som other format. the 3 of 9 font is converted to times new roman. 

the 3 of 9 font was included as an part of the old crystal report integration in ifs and it  strange that this isn’t included in the IFS Cloud version to. As our customer is upgrading from IFS 10 to IFS Cloud.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

See the following link -

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/030_administration/040_native_apps/020_configuration/95_supported_barcode_fonts/#supported_barcode_fonts_for_zxing

Also, as mentioned above, there is minimal support at present for use of Crystal Web Service with quick reports in IFS Cloud.  Where possible, use IFS Report Designer instead.  The customer in question has told IFS Support they are heavily invested into the use of Crystal, i.e. they have literally hundreds of reports developed there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, did you get a solution for this issue as we are currently having the same issue. 

Thanks 
Liam Roberts

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Not yet.  This appears to be an area which is not yet fully developed.  Customers who which to continue with Crystal will have to do research on their own, it seems.  One of my associates in IFS Support (who has a similar case assigned to him) was informed by R&D that it would also be necessary to deploy IDAutomation libraries to the server where the Crystal Web Service is installed.  But as of yet IFS has not yet provided any documentation on how to do such a deployment - although there is such instruction posted on this topic by outside parties on the Web.

Eugene W 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, 

I have found a work around by streaming the barcode as an image. this way I am able to print out the pdf with a scannable barcode.

Thanks 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@ZWELROBERTS is this done in the crystal report it self or? I have the mentioned case against IFS and it doesn’t move very fast at the moment...

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, 

Yes this is done in the crystal report, i followed the below instructions. 

Streaming Barcode Images into SAP Crystal Reports (idautomation.com)

Thanks 
Liam Roberts

Badge

Hi,

How did you combine IDAutomation with IFS Cloud? I can see the barcode in Crystal Reports but when I try to generate the report in Cloud I see nothing.

Thanks