Question

Aurena Projection configuration: What is required for procedures to be available as custom action?

• 3 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

I am in the process of creating custom projection, and to this projection i would like to add my new Oracle procedure, Test_Procedure, as a custom action. First i tried putting it in a Test package TEST_API where i added the lu_name_ and module_ constants, but Aurena could never find the package. 
I then added the Test_procedure to a existing customized package CRM_API. I can find the CRM_API and its other procedures in the custom actions selection on projection configuration but not my new procedure.
I have cleared the metadatacache and the projection cache along with the server cache. Still no success

Therefore i ask, what is required for a package or a procedure to be available to be added to a projection as custom action?

Best Regards
Nicklas

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @NicklasMadsen

You need to add the procedure as an action in projection configuration in order to available as a custom action. Refer this documentation section on how to do that :)

Custom Action Configuration (ifs.com)

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@dsj 
Sorry if that was not clear, but that is exactly where i am not able to find my procedure. When i try to configure one of the projections i cant find it, even though i can find other procedures from the same package.

Best Regards
Nicklas

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @NicklasMadsen

Ok, now I got it. We faced the same problem and below is the troubleshooting steps we did to solve it :)

• Check your procedure if all the parameters are defined as type IN and without complex data types.
  • Run following select and see if your procedure includes in it

select * from Custom_Action_Methods

where package_name = 'YOUR_PACKAGE_API'

and method_name = 'YOUR_METHOD_NAME' 

• If it’s not listed, Refresh dictionary cache and do the search again.
  • If it appears, re login to Aurena and try to add the action.

Hope it helps!

Damith