Question

Aurena Enabling the Custom Menu Based on the Conditions

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I created a custom page and have RMB menu items to create customer order, view customer order , view document revision options. But the issue in AURENA is that the menu items on the custom page are available for those rows which does not have the orders/document revision etc. My attempt is to grey out (enable/disable) the custom menus based on the columns values. The options are missing in PAGE Designer of Aurena. Please guide Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Badge +4

Did you ever get a solution for this? I am facing the exact same situation where I need to disable a custom RMB option if the Customer Contact is missing a specific custom field value that does not appear in the list of values of the Conditions Manager. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

No I am still waiting some one  from IFS R&D to help us

Badge +4

No I am still waiting some one  from IFS R&D to help us

Thank you. It’s not looking good then. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Rusiru Dharmadasa / @Minoshini Fonseka,
Is this something you could help out on?
Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi, 

Sorry to say that this is a functionality that currently not existing. It is not possible to edit/provide a condition using the page designer as of now but expecting to come up with something like this in future - There is no a due date as well. 

Badge +4

Hi, 

Sorry to say that this is a functionality that currently not existing. It is not possible to edit/provide a condition using the page designer as of now but expecting to come up with something like this in future - There is no a due date as well. 

@Rusiru Dharmadasa, If the condition is not possible within the current configuration, is it possible to return an error or warning from the PL/SQL block of the custom menu item when the selected update is not successful? Currently, it automatically displays a success message before the API call is complete. 

Thanks,

Kenny (Hotdog)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Kenny,

I think the better way is to fail the action by throwing an error from that end. Then it must present as an error toast in the client side for the user as far as I know. See below which I have tested with wrong parameters. 

What is the IFS application version you are using? In APP10, if the action is completed successfully, there won’t be any indication like this. However in IFS Cloud (21R2) we have “Acknowledgement” property available for execute action type custom commands. If this set to true, the user will see a success toast as well. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/060_tailoring/220_configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/

Badge +4

Hi Kenny,

I think the better way is to fail the action by throwing an error from that end. Then it must present as an error toast in the client side for the user as far as I know. See below which I have tested with wrong parameters. 

What is the IFS application version you are using? In APP10, if the action is completed successfully, there won’t be any indication like this. However in IFS Cloud (21R2) we have “Acknowledgement” property available for execute action type custom commands. If this set to true, the user will see a success toast as well. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/060_tailoring/220_configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/

I am using IFS10 Explorer (not Aurena). Currently When Someone right-clicks on a contact and selects the custom menu option to update Salesforce, the PL/SQL Block adds an event to the OUT1 queue, and it calls the API and processes the request. But this message ALWAYS appears even if the API call fails.

So what I was hoping to accomplish is sending back a failed message stating the executed action could not be completed (or something like that). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Hotdog This topic was about Aurena so I thought you are also seeing this in Aurena. 

Anyway, if i understand above correctly, this is an asynchronous call. That means your PLSQL block creates an application message in the OUT1 queue and then the application message will be processed to call the API. If that is the case it is not possible to get the result back to the custom menu. Because in this case the custom menus work is just to create the application message in OUT1 queue. Once creates its job is completed. Hence it is correct to show above information message. However you must see the application message fails with the respective error.

Badge +4

@Hotdog This topic was about Aurena so I thought you are also seeing this in Aurena. 

Yes. I found this topic while searching for a solution, and was hoping it would lead me in the right direction even though we are not using Aurena. 

You are correct in your summary of the async call and the OUT1 queue, but is it possible for the PL/SQL block itself to validate the required condition and (if it fails) throw an error back at the UI prior to adding an event to the queue? Or does the success message automatically appear before executing the code block?

I suppose this is something I could test on my own by purposely forcing an error and see what happens. 

-Hotdog