Question

Aurena API User with * Person ID is not allowed to create new documents

• 13 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

I am receiving this “ORA-20105: DocTitle.CREATENEWNOTALWD: User with * Person ID is not allowed to create new documents. Please contact your Administrator.” error message when attempting to create a document in IFS using the below projection.

• Projection: CreateAndImportDocument
  • Object: CreateDocument

Is there a way to have this run by a different user instead? 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Maybe I’m missing something, but isn’t this simply running as whatever user you have authenticated with?  Given that, why can you not just change it to use a different user?

You need a user with access rights to the projections to even run this test, so just ensure that the same user also has the additional rights noted in the error, or use a different user that does.

Let me know if I’m missing something, but fundamentally this should be the answer.

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi DavidWiafe,

Can you try the following and see if this resolves the issue:

Go to person window search for * as PersonID. If userId has your login user remove this and add it to a different user. 

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@NickPorter 

The reason I need to use the same authentication is because we have other projects also using it, switching it to use a different authentication will cause problems down the line. 

I was wondering if there is a parameter I could add that somehow acts as a specific user. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @DavidWiafe,

Person_Id “*” is assigned to IFSAPP by default. For testing purposes you can use the method which @Sahan Udana  mentioned. But due to security reasons, it is strictly advised to keep IFSAPP account locked unless needed for deployments.

If your integrations are depending on IFSAPP then you should review your integration strategies.

Please let us know if we are missing any point.

BR,

Ahmet

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

But where do I update the setting to give the person ID * the permission to create the documents?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @JJäthing,

Access control is staticly coded into the package, checking if the user’s assigned personId is “*” and raises error. So for test purposes, you can remove IFSAPP user information from Person record “*” and assign to another person record.

BR

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@AHMET.GULTEKIN Thanks for the prompt answer Ahmet but I suspect I may have asked my question in the wrong thread. My issue is not with Aurena.

I am working in an upgrade from IFS APP09 to APPS10, the Enterprise Explorer interface. In APPS09 the Person ID * is connected to the user id IFSAPP and the users have no issues sending customer invoices. In APPS10 all customer invoices end in error with the message “ORA-20105: DocTitle.CREATENEWNOTALWD: User with * Person ID is not allowed to create new documents. Please contact your Administrator.”

Do we have to create a new User ID for printing Customer Invoices? If so, what are the requirements for the user to make it possible to do the printouts?

Thanks and regards

Jonas Jäthing

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@JJäthing, control is in document management base server (plsql) layer, so whether you are trying to create documents from aurena or IEE client. Printing invoice is not so related with this error unless you put your reports pdfs into document management system.