Solved

Apps9 schedule report failed, help required

• 28 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

I’m hoping someone here can help me. Our previous IT manager set up a report that is scheduled to run each Sunday. As you can see below this has failed this week as the IT managers account was removed from an active licence last week and as the report is set to be ran as the initiator that was his account. 

What is the best way to get this report ran today and set up again to run weekly without keeping the licence active on the account?

Thanks Sarah

icon

Best answer by sholmes 2 December 2022, 10:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Does the report work if you set “Execute as” to system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @sholmes,

Since this Application Server task has reached ‘Failed’ state, you would have to create a new one. Tasks that reach a final state such as Failed or Finished cannot be rescheduled. 

The easiest way to create a new one would be to duplicate the existing Application Server task. Then you can create a task schedule to run the Application Server task.

Have a look at following documentation regarding scheduling quick reports:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/030_scheduled_quickreports/default.htm

Hope this helps! 

Badge

Hi @sholmes,

Since this Application Server task has reached ‘Failed’ state, you would have to create a new one. Tasks that reach a final state such as Failed or Finished cannot be rescheduled. 

The easiest way to create a new one would be to duplicate the existing Application Server task. Then you can create a task schedule to run the Application Server task.

Have a look at following documentation regarding scheduling quick reports:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/030_scheduled_quickreports/default.htm/MyHerbalife.com Login USA

Hope this helps! 

Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

What is the best way to get this report ran today and set up again to run weekly without keeping the licence active on the account?

Hi,

Login as IFSAPP or another system account that won’t be deactivated, and setup the application server task as that user. 

BR

Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All, 

I’ve manged to get this running again I think (will know for sure on Monday). I had to go into the message and reset the state from there. I did this as IFSAPP, I then resaved the application task and the initiator became IFSAPP so hopefully this problem won’t reoccur.

The application is now in status waiting - it has fired once when I amended to the schedule, so hopefully will now continue to fire.