Question

(APPS 9) Report rules -> Set default property doesn't apply for invoices

• 22 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I try to set up printer for automaticaly invoices print when there is no print dialog.

In a document I’ve read an action Set default property is recommanded to that … but it’s doesn’t apply :

>> Explanation document

>> Report rule 

>> Print 3 invoices without print dialog

>> Good execution in background jobs

>> But nothing appears in Print manager

We have apps 9 in UPD17.

Anyone can help me ?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Do you have a Print Server or Print Agent set up for the Logical Printer that these are being sent to? Is the Logical Printer mapped to a physical printer or are you only trying to generate a PDF copy?  There’s nothing in your details provided to see the Logical Printer that you are trying to have the system send it to.

For background printing it needs to be sent to some Logical Printer and that Logical Printer needs to be included as part of a Print Server or Print Agent configuration.

Nick

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Try using Set Property instead of Set Default Property and it should work. Check Report Rule Log to make sure the rule condition comes true.

Also I think it’s good practice to create one report rule for each Report ID (CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP and CUSTOMER_ORDER_COLL_IVC ), and not to leave Report ID blank

BR

Johan

Badge +1

I think the logical printer is correctly setting up, I can print in another report rule ; it’s only when I use the action  Set default property :

Badge +1

Indeed, it’s OK with an action Set property ; but my problem is :

• I need to print invoices in batch on a specific printer (id 30)
  • Some users in a group may print invoice individually on another printer (they must can choose their printer) (id 40)

But when I set up the report rule for invoices batch in Set property, it overrides the report rule setting up for users in Preselect property.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Instead of report rules I would use the Printer Definitions screen. Two ways I can see to handle it there

#1 - If the batch print is from one specific user then use the Report User Printer tab to set that users destination for the report.

#2 - Use the Report Printer tab to set where it goes the majority of the time. Then use the Report User Printer tab to set the default destination for the individual users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

The report rule will not put print jobs, it will amend the flow of the print job and change the already set property values in the print job (in your case the logical printer) to another value depending on the condition. So first you need to check if the context menu item “Print Invoice” creates a print job in the first place. If so the rules will trigger if the correct condition is met.

Also make sure the Application Message created for the print job is successfully finished.

The other point I want to mention is that you are selecting multiple rows and printing. In this case, if the application code is written in such a way that multiple print job context are created against one print job, then the rule is not triggered if the “No Multi” option is checked. Try unchecking the checkbox in the rule header. If multiple are printed at once the “No Multi” option should be unchecked. Another way to verify is to only select one row in invoice and print and verify if the rule works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,