Solved

Apps 9 - Is there a way to add a hyperlink to an attachment export from IFS (ie CSV file) so user can click on the link to see attachement??

• 26 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We are currently outputting to CSV from the manual supplier invoices screen.

The invoices often have documents attached.

I would like the output CSV to contain a hyperlink to the attachment so user can select the link and open a click 2 run session to see the attachment.

Is that possible? If so.. how?

icon

Best answer by pwlm 26 April 2021, 23:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BLLBrucemo ,

Do you want to add a hyper link of the csv file to a mail body ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @BLLBrucemo,

I am assuming you are using Output channels. Output Channels are mostly used to create output files using the data already seen in an Enterprise Explorer table window or a form window. The reason behind this is that the extracted data needs to be formatted in the client before converting into an output channel and that is a costly operation. Therefore I don’t think what you are trying to do is possible.

You can refer to the documentation regarding Output Channels here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/220_user_interface/about_outputchannels/default.htm

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @BLLBrucemo 

So you have supplier invoices with Document Attachments, you want to output a spreadsheet containing the supplier invoice data PLUS a column with a URL/hyperlink to the Document Management record(s) connected…

If I have understood correctly then I would propose a compromise:

Rather than a link to the document(s) include a link to the Manual Supplier Invoice - you could create a custom field to display this on screen and then using Output Channels would work.

I think Apps 10/Aurena/Excel you may be able to use OData feeds to do this but I am not sure if this provides native links back to application.

Does this help?

Pete

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks Pete, yep that is what I, trying to achieve.

Wondering,how would the custom field display the document hyperlink?