Solved

Application Server Task for scheduling Quick Report

• 2 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

When scheduling report below error appears. Does anyone know which type of security permission is required? This error also appears when scheduling report via IFSAPP user.

Error (ID: 315a5654-e668-4120-8f76-fff01489fdf1) while invoking opertion: Insufficient privileges to export the quick report to Excel. 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: Insufficient privileges to export the quick report to Excel.

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 2 September 2020, 14:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are you seeing this in APP10? If that is the case this was a bug and fixed in UPD7 version on wards - ref solution 276637)

As a workaround you can grant Quick_Report_API.Is_Qr_Po_Granted_For_User for your user manually. 

By default above procedure is granted to FND_ENDUSER permission set. So if your user do not have this permission set you can get this error even if you have above patched (Even after APP10 UPD7). 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Rusiru - we are using APPS9 UPD16. Does your solution apply to this version of IFS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Bhavesh,

The consider only the below section. 

“You can grant Quick_Report_API.Is_Qr_Po_Granted_For_User for your user manually. 

By default above procedure is granted to FND_ENDUSER permission set. So if your user do not have this permission set granted you can get this error “

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Rusiru,

FND_ENDUSER in our environment did not had above procedure permission. However I now provided this permission and did a security refresh. Still I get this error. The 

I am guessing IFAPP as an initiator should have all permissions and should have worked. Also IFSAPP has FND_ENDUSER permission set assigned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

sorry Bhavesh, I missed that you mentioned this is applicable for IFSAPP as well. Ideally IFSAPP will have everything so this can’t be the case. I will check if anything else can mess up with this or lets see if someone else responds before that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

One more thing, can you try publishing your quick report? Just to make sure the specific quick report is granted. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

One more thing, can you try publishing your quick report? Just to make sure the specific quick report is granted. 

I am guessing you are referring to below for publishing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes Bhavesh, this will grant the quick report to all existing permission sets. If you prefer you can go to manage grants and then grant it only for specific permission set - IFSAPP_FULL or IFSAPP_ALL which I think IFSAPP is already granted. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Manage grant already shows IFSAPP has permission to the quick report. We can even run the report and export to excel, but the application task scheduled job does not work still.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Bhavesh,

In the schedule what you choose for the “Execute” as?

If it is not the Initiator, try that. Let me know the result.