APP9 - Failed to retrieve security information. Access to forms will be restricted.

• 15 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi All,

Failed to retrieve security information.Access to forms will be restricted.

The aforementioned error was received while logging into the IEE as the application owner. Anyway, we could log into the application with access to a limited number of windows.

The issue was resolved with the help of the below PL SQL blocks after analyzing the issue and the knowledge base.

BEGIN
Installation_SYS.Grant_Ifssys(TRUE);
Fndbas_Installation_API.Post_Installation_Object;
Fndbas_Installation_API.Post_Installation_Data;
END;

BEGIN
Installation_Sys.Post_Installation_Object;
Installation_Sys.Post_Installation_Data;
END;

I can see a number of records/cases with the same issue, and those have been caused by a clone, delivery, or data file corruption (IFSAPP_INDEX01.DBF).

Regarding our specific scenario,

I noticed that there were around 602 indexes to be rebuilt (SELECT * FROM database_sys_oracle_index_tab WHERE recommendation = 'Rebuild index.')

A recent clone had been placed, but the particular environment was the source of the clone.

By considering the above scenario,  I'm wondering the problem was caused by

1. Having a large number of indexes to be rebuilt as we can see that IFSAPP_INDEX01.DBF corruption has been the root cause of some previous cases.
  2. The issue was caused by the recent clone (but the specific environment was the source for the clone and we don't have exact information about the cloning method that was used).

It would be appreciated if you could share your experiences by considering the above scenario and the solution.

Thank you and Best regards,

Darshana Herath

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14