Solved

Add Standard Fields in LOV and Find Dialog

• 27 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

When editing the Person on a step in the Approval Process on a Change Request, there are two shortcomings.

1. In the drop-down list, the only attribute to select by is the Person ID (first image below), which for some customers may not be obvious to whom this refers. Can the Name column be added here or would this need an Idea request?
  2. When using Find in this drop-down list, the only attribute to select by is the Person ID (second image below). Can the Name column be added here or would this need an Idea request?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 28 February 2024, 16:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@matt.watters not sure if it helps, but if you choose the New Approval Step, that Person LoV does have the Name as well. But when you wanna edit an existing step indeed it could be troublesome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @matt.watters 

I hope your question is about adding new values in the LOV as well as in the search for that field?

You can add/remove fields displayed in the dropdown list by the page config.

Here’s an example from Document Revision since I’m entirely not sure which page you are referring to.

In Document revision, Document class lov only has document class and description

In order to add more fields to this, you can find the Selector for the LOV in the page configurations

Add the fields in the Selector

Here I have added 2 new fields

Now these fields are available in the LOV as well as in the search

Document Class LOV

Search

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@dsj I am working in the Approval Process tab of the Attachments panel in a Change Request.

Issue 1 - On an existing approval step where I want to edit the Person ID, selecting the drop down results in a useless list of Person IDs, no Names are displayed. How to see the associated Names here?

Issue 2 - In this same drop-down list of Person IDs, when i click ‘Find’, again all that is displayed is Person ID. Can the column ‘Name’ be added here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@dsj It seems there’s no option to control the Attachments section via Page Designer. I guess that’s the case because it’s a global section and not page specific.

@Mathias Dahl would you have any idea if we can control the Attachments section via Page Designer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I'm pretty confident that none of the Attachment plugins can be configured via the page designer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I'm pretty confident that none of the Attachment plugins can be configured via the page designer.

... and this is now verified. It might be possible to add support for it though, so create an idea in the Ideas section here on IFS Community if that sounds interesting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Customer has entered case G2386600 for this.