Solved

Account locked by other user

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, we have a technical account that we use for some special queries with Excel Addin. One of my colleague used it this week end, the job got stuck at some point and she had to force the disconnection to IFS. When i tried to use it today i got this error message: “IFS Account is already logged in by CE\XXXXX (my colleagues’name). Contact your system administrator!.”

I can see the session on fnd_client_logon table, but cannot kill it this way and if i go throuh Database Sessions, it does not appear…

Same message whether I log through the Excel addin or through the normal way. My colleague can still log in on this account from her computer.

Is there another screen to manually kill a session ?

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by RanukaSerasinghe 4 May 2021, 04:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

Not sure why you have mentioned, “I can see the session on fnd_client_logon table, but cannot kill it this way

Have you tried to kill the session through the fnd_client_logon_tab and got any errors/ issues there? 

As which user did you log in to the database to check the fnd_client_logon_tab and trying to kill the session?

Thanks,

Novishan

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @ludovic.rougean,

First query "fnd_client_logon_tab" in the database
(use SQL statement "SELECT * FROM fnd_client_logon_tab") and see if the user who is getting the mentioned error ('XXXXX') is specified there.

If you see the mentioned user (XXXXX), delete the entries for corresponding users from above table using below SQL (for <USER_ID>, mentioned the ID for the user who is getting the error.)

DELETE FROM fnd_client_logon_tab WHERE directory_id = '<USER_ID>';

It’s better if you could narrow down the exact entry from directory_id, os_user, and program.

eg:
DELETE from FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB

WHERE DIRECTORY_ID = 'XXXXX' AND OS_USER = 'XX\XXX' AND PROGRAM = 'XXXX.exe'

Once that entry is removed, then give a try to login again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@ludovic.rougean  

This could happen when the user did not log off from IEE client properly (eg – kill the process corresponding to IEE client in a situation where it is not responding  ,shutting down the PC without closing IEE Client) there could be some session information remaining in IFS without being cleared.
As a result, the particular user will not be able to log in and the application will show a message to say the user is already logged in until that session information will be automatically cleared after a HTTP timeout.

To manually clear the above session information, please log in the database directly and inspect the table ‘FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB’ as mentioned above by Minoshini Fonseka to find any record existing regarding the user. You can use DIRECTORY_ID and OS_USER columns to find the corresponding record for the particular user. 

Once you can find such a record, delete it from the database table and check whether it solves the issue.

Eg :- 

DELETE from FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB 
WHERE DIRECTORY_ID = 'IFSAPP' AND OS_USER = 'CORPNET\RSERLK' AND PROGRAM = 'Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.exe'

And make sure that you COMMIT the statement at the end.