Question

Access to API calls, and Explorer documentation?

• 23 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Currently using IFS APP10 with UPD8 and higher for customer purpose.

1/

According to you guys, what are the required standard permission sets to allow a user to call REST APIs from outside IFS? e.g. create or modify a client from CustomersHandling API. So far, we used permission sets such as: FND_ADMIN, FND_CONNECT, and a custom kind of “superuser”, and it won’t let us call the APIs.

2/

Some API documentations for a given method are unavailable. For example, whenever we want to generate the CustomerHandling doc (see link below), we have an error. I noticed it occurs from time to time for specific methods.

Does this mean there is actually no available documentation for the given method? Or is this an error we should be able to handle?

https://<customername>-dev.ifs.cloud:48080/main/ifsapplications/apidocs/?openApiUrl=https://<customername>-dev.ifs.cloud:48080/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/CustomerHandling.svc/$openapi?V3

Many thanks to the community!

Best regards,

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  1. U need to grant the projections (separate tab in solution manager).
  2. If there is an exception I think best way to proceed is to create an LCS case. What exception do u get here?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for answer

As you can see, I created a permission set for superuser, with all grants. Then, i don’t know why we can’t access the projection

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

hmm, what exception do u get?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Are you sure you are using the correct authentication? Given that your URI includes “main" instead of “int” makes me suspect you are trying to consume the projection (API) without proper OAuth2 authentication. You might want to lookup your projection (CustomerHandling) in the API Explorer in IFS Aurena and click the Include in Compatibility Application Type button. This will enable basic authentication (username/password) for the API (make sure to use the URI for the “int” compatibility type).

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

@ToBeNL Concerning #1 I will try this and get back to you. Many thanks

Here is the exception I have during the process of getting to documentation (my #2)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BeaLioneR ,

What is the UPD level you are in ?

There was an issue when accessing API documentation and it was handled by the solution - 284037 - (Error in API Documentation - Aurena). This correction will be delivered with UPD 9 framework correction. Therefore is you are not in UPD9 then I suggest to get the latest UPD. 

In the case reported this issue to Product Development  team had problem of viewing API Doc for projection - CustomerOrderHandling. As I can see in your case the issue with CustomerHandling. During the investigation of this case  we noted that there were some missing basic data  for some pages and API documentation should not rely on that.  Locating the places where missing basic data are there was fixed the issue without the patch. However for that there is a need of in-depth analysis.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for all your answers

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna: I’m currently in UPD8. So it might be the reason why some API documentations are available.

@ToBeNL Thanks! I applied the compatibility application type for the needed API, now I am able to consume it through basic authentication. One last question though, what are the required login to pass through if we activated Azure AD integration in IFS? I succeeded with ifsadmin, but any other account linked with an AD user dosnt authenticate.