Question

Zero dollar manual supplier invoice

• 30 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

We have recently upgraded to APS10 UPD14 and experiencing the following: 

IFS Path: Financials > Supplier Invoice > Manual Supplier Invoice

When saving an invoice that the gross amount is $0.00, there is a pop-up box stating "A zero value invoice will be created and Invoice will get PaidPosted. Do you want to continue?"  When you click yes, the status should go to PaidPosted.

When the $0.00 invoice involves matching a line on the PO, we get the "A zero value invoice..." message and click "Yes" but the status goes to Preliminary and doesn't get posted. 

It's confusing to have different results than what the message states will happen. I have attached screenshots of the message and result. 

Is there a setting that isn’t configured correctly or a reason why the invoice is not going to status paid posted and ending up preliminary?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Do you have snips of the errors?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, we need to “finally” post an invoice. It’s an option from the invoice, as well as an option from the navigator. 

In some cases (maybe your setting) a company can be set up such that the posting is intended to occur at saving.   It was seen as a way to save a step, report the VAT and post the preliminary cost.  

With the move to posting proposals very few clients I know continue that same concept. 

Anyway - check the company - invoice tab for a setting like the below image.   For nearly all my clients the box would be unchecked. Based on the comments you may favor the box as being checked.  

If the box is checked “and” you still get a preliminary invoice at save, maybe you should log a call center case. 

That is - assuming we choose to use IFS in the same way.  

Best regards

Badge +4

The checkbox Create Postings at Invoice Entry is NOT checked.  I do have snips of the error and after clicking ok.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is it possible a posting error is hanging the invoice up (either a specific tax code or other supplier setting)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

If the checkbox Create Postings at Invoice Entry is NOT checked, you are expected to post invoice manually (by Post Invoice option on Invocie entry or from Posting Proposal).

But still - if gross invoice value is zero and there is no PO reference given  (invoice does not require matching with receipt) - after posting option invoice is expected to reach PaidPosted status directly (system will create vouchers I and U). In case of PO reference given, you are expected to provide invoice posting lines (PO matching result), and invoice remains in preliminary status until you match it and do final posting (in this case again I and U vouchers are created and invoice goes to PaidPosted status).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Adam Bereda , I checked this scenario for one of my cases and even with the PO reference included, the invoice goes to PaidPosted state. 

Also, in another community post mentioned that “If you want to back the status of the invoice to PostedAuth you can use function Supplier Payment Rollback and rollback the payment with 0 value of the invoice.”

Thanks.