Question

Zero balance accounts in Ledger

• 22 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I am running a GL Balance Analysis in EE and am looking to include all accounts, even ones with zero balances that did not have any activity during the month. What can be done to include the accounts with no activity? Right now I am only able to see accounts with balances and ones that had transactions done during the month. 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m afraid that for this we usually use one of the reporting tools available instead. Typical option would be to use Business Reporter for this. 

Badge +2

I’m afraid that for this we usually use one of the reporting tools available instead. Typical option would be to use Business Reporter for this. 

I’m actually looking for the exact opposite. I’m using the Business Reporter and do not want accounts with a zero balance either in the current year or previous year to show up. Any suggestions there? Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @DV - JL

Did you find a solution to not show zero value cells on business reporter? 

Thank you

Tanya

Badge +2

Hello @DV - JL

Did you find a solution to not show zero value cells on business reporter? 

Thank you

Tanya

I have not yet, but I potentially honed in on an issue. When I have the row design repeating on account, and filter to one specific account, if both current and previous years are $0.00, the line will not appear. If I have the row design repeating on account, and there’s multiple accounts it CAN display, it will still show the $0.00 balance accounts. Not sure if this helps with the issue, helps with something for you, maybe not helpful at all! :)

Long story short no, but still hopeful.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, 

Have you tried adding a filter criteria on the measure item and choose as option “is not null”? 

It helped in my sheet, hope it will for you too

Thanks 

Tanya 

Badge +2

Hello, 

Have you tried adding a filter criteria on the measure item and choose as option “is not null”? 

It helped in my sheet, hope it will for you too

Thanks 

Tanya 

Row 2 has a repeater on Account, with a filter to an account that we ended use of in 2022, as well as IS NOT NULL. Column C has a repeater by Year.

2022 was the only year we used that account for IFS purposes. I guess I’m trying to find a way to exclude zero balance accounts, regardless of whether activity occurred or not. Also played with the “Treat Null as Zero” toggle in the Report Options tab in the ribbon and have not seen what that does other than putting zero’s in the non-activity balances.