Solved

Why is I cannot select a country for a new company

• 25 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’m in 23R1 and I need to setup a company in Canada.  I already have a company setup in USA and that is working fine.  But when I try to enter a new company for Canada, I cannot select Canada from the dropdown.  Only US and Germany appear in the dropdown.  CA is defined in the ISO list of countries.  Can you help with the question.

icon

Best answer by Furkan Zengin 27 August 2023, 21:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Jacques Cormier 

Country must be enabled in the application.

Navigate to Application Base Setup > System Setup > ISO Code Usage > Country and filter for CA. Click Pen and enable column Used in Application

Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thank you, gumabs, but it is not working for me.  Country of Canada already had Used in Application field set to ON, and it still fails.  I changed the field to OFF and saved, and I then I changed it back to ON.  When i tried again for a new company, the dropdown for country only shows the 2 countries that I pasted in my original post on this thread.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Jacques Cormier 

According to help, the only reason could be the country is not enabled for usage or it is enabled but at the same time blocked for usage field is set to TRUE. If both used in application and blocked for usage is enabled, you will not get the country.

See the help for country field.

Select the appropriate country from the drop down list. The country you choose  has no practical meaning in the Enterprise component. It is only dependent on how other installed modules utilize it. The IFS/Accounting Rules component is one example. Some posting types can be governed depending on the choice of country. The available countries are those marked as Used in Application in the ISO Code Usage/Country tab. Contact your System Administrator if a country you want to use is not visible. It is possible to change the country after saving.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Did you try and enter C for Canada and then pick from the drop down or just hover over country and see the drop down? 

For example - 

Best regards,

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thank you all.  A developer assigned to our project was able to allow more countries to display in the dropdown.  I didn’t have the correct permissions to do the task myself, which I have corrected.