Vat in adv invoices

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

in Italy is very common the use of adv invoice, the current IFS standard fuctionality not support the legal requirements for VAT and i want investigate if in other country there is a similar requirement.

In italy when we create the adv invoice we should pay the vat and insert the invoice information in the vat books of the month ( does not matter if the invoice is paid or not), the vat code apply to the adv is the same of the final invoice.

when we create the final invoice we create the invoice for the total amount and we deduct the amount of the adv invoice.

As far as i know there is a Similar requirement in Tunisia. any other coutry has a similar requirement?

thanks

Flavia

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Flavia,

Nice to see you after sometime.

The Core functionality has alos the same feature. If you want to pay the VAT with advance invoice, that is really possible. What you need to do is to define and configure your postings and tax accounts accpordingly.

I am not sure whether I missed something  here.

Best Regards,
Chirantha.

Badge +2

Hi Chirantha,

in italy is not only to configure the posting and the tax accounts but also have the VAT reports ( that comes from tax transaction) correct and the invoice that show the total amount deduct the adv payment not as is in the core the Total and a payment voucher.

I’m in contact with R&D that request me to investigate if any other country has similar request.

BR

Flavia 

Badge +2

Hi Flavia,

I would be grateful to hear what the RnD replies to you. So please write in this topic or send me a private message.

BR, Agata

Badge +4

Hi @Flavia Tomasone, did you get any answer from RnD regarding that one ? It seems like we are having the same issue in Belgium, and would also like to know what RnD is answering.

Kind regards,

Thibaut.

Badge +4

Hi Chirantha,

in italy is not only to configure the posting and the tax accounts but also have the VAT reports ( that comes from tax transaction) correct and the invoice that show the total amount deduct the adv payment not as is in the core the Total and a payment voucher.

I’m in contact with R&D that request me to investigate if any other country has similar request.

BR

Flavia 

Hi @Flavia Tomasone any news about the discussions with R&D regarding this VAT treatment of Advance Invoices ?

Kind regards,

Thibaut.