Question

Supplier Offset Proposal

• 10 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

HI Team,

Has anyone tried Using Supplier Offset Proposal in IFS Cloud. It does not seem to be working for me. For any given combinations of automatic matching, i get the error stating that there are no records. But when i try to Match manually there are records available for matching. 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

If the debit and credit amount is matching perfectly then you can use highlighted option. You don’t enter allowed difference. It will populate matching amounts and you can see in proposal details.

See example below

If you want to match debit and credit transactions in different amounts, then you have to enter a difference. The difference amount will be posted as a new ledger item called difference item. If your remaining amount is arising from an invoice, then your original invoice is set to PaidPosted and you have a new difference item. If it is from payment, then your SUPOA transactions are paid and you have a new difference item.

As far as I know, there is no function that will fetch all debit transactions and match with unpaid invoices based on due date. And matching will stop where the debit transactions are 0.

Hope this helps

Badge +2

Thanks for the Info. I tested the Same, it seems like it works Only in Case the Payments of “SUPOA”. Supplier On Account Payment and Supplier invoice. Does not do the Setoff if it is “SUPIA”. Supplier Advance Payment. 

Badge +1

It really would be helpful if one could run a proposal offset for all open items.  I have over 300 items to offset against one credit and going the route of a manual offset is just painful.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

I face the same issue, 

I get the error as mentionned in the screenshot below.

Could you fix the problem ?

Best regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@gumabs 

Hello 

Is the screenshot visible to you ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Abdessamad 

Please show the records from supplier 0002992. Then I  hope I can comment why it is not matching.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

Yes here’s attached the payment setup of the supplier

And the elements of offset when I chose the manual option

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Abdessamad 

I think in your case only SUPOA 1618 and SUPOA 1619 should be selected with matching option 1 and 2. The others will not match because subtotal for all other items is not going to 0.

System is not very clever. Say that you have 5000 invoice and 4500 payment. This will not match because the balance is not going to zero after matching. You need to match them with manual offset option.

Hope it is clear