Question

Supplier Invoice matching several receipts

• 11 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We are running an intracompany process flow where we want the automatic matching function to work seamlessly. But we are running into an issue when we do several receipts on one purchase order line. 

The automatic matching then only matches one receipt and ends up with a matching difference. Matching result is “matched amount with diff - arrival date”. Since we are using Line Level matching for internal invoices I thought that it would match all receipts on that line. Could this be a bug or is that the function? 

If this is the function does anyone know how to match several receipts automatically without using header level matching? We are running IFS9. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Have you considered other options?   A common process in intercompany is o use the supplier self-billing process.  The solution is based on the idea that we should be able to get accurate PO prices and receiving quantities when shipping / receiving internally.    Assuming the PO price and receiving quantity is accurate (for an internal PO) do we really need to manage an AP invoice the same as an external vendor?  Typically, not. We should be able to trust the data and automate the AP side. Self-billing will automatically create the AP invoice and match against the goods received.  

Self-billing does not invoice charge types, just PO lines.  

The other common option is the PO matching using the receipt reference.  The problem with that is whatever the user keyed as the receipt reference must then also be entered on the invoice entry.  This would then also allow quick / easy automated matching - essentially shipment by shipment.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +1

Thanks Thomas! 

Self billing invoice could work, will check that out. However there should be solution for the matching since this also could be an external supplier. I was thinking that line level is one level above receipt reference ant therefore should work. 

Receipt ref will not work as I think you can only enter one reference per invoice line, haven't tested that though. 

Br,

Johan

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The working idea for both receipt reference and PO header is you don’t enter the AP invoice in great detail. You enter header data and allow the business logic to match the invoice with the PO receipts. 

The receipt reference is entered on the header area of the supplier invoice.  

That’s the intention of that process. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +1

Ok thanks again!

Self billing will now work since we want to have equal payables and receivables for reconciliation reasons and that we actually pay internally according to specific rules. If that could be changed then it could work. However the amount of invoices spliced by receipts by self billing will be huge. 

Will do some testing on Receipt reference swell to see if I can find something there. 

Br,

Johan