Solved

Supplier external invoice upload in xml format

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello,

Does anyone know the XML fields required in order to populate an alternate payment method and payment address?   For txt file types this works fine using the N type fields Payment Method and Payment Address. We need the equivalent fields in the XML file layout

Thank you!

example of some of the xml rows

icon

Best answer by Edwards 27 November 2023, 17:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello,

Does anyone know the XML fields required in order to populate an alternate payment method and payment address?   For txt file types this works fine using the N type fields Payment Method and Payment Address. We need the equivalent fields in the XML file layout

Thank you!

example of some of the xml rows

Hi Rcoubrou

Did you get a solution for this?

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Rcoubrou 

how is your process?

Do you export the xml file from your DMS system and import to IFS?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Rcoubrou 

how is your process?

Do you export the xml file from your DMS system and import to IFS?

Hi Link

In my case i export from a DMS System and import it to IFS.

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

OK, then you should check the settings of the supplier.

In the xml file these tags are not available.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

OK, then you should check the settings of the supplier.

In the xml file these tags are not available.

hi Link

Thanks for the answer. Yes afterwards i came across the same conclusion, that there is no TAG available for this.

Unfortunately there is no solution in the supplier settings. You can create several payment adress for a supplier but need to choose the payment Method and Adress manually in the supplier invoice. 

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@bytsophan we did not get a solution for this therefore built our own work around.  Using the “paymentTermsFreeText” field we are populating our alternate remit address and payment method to be entered in position one and two. Then we’ve built a custom event to update this in the installment plan once it’s in the posting proposal form. It’s working well.   We are a CAD company that deals with non deductible tax codes which is also not handled in the XML file so added that in this field as well using position 3 and 4 (therefore in sample below the amounts you see are taxes separate by semicolon).   Not ideal to have these “hacks” but on this version for now anyhow, we are stuck.  At least it automates it for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@bytsophan we did not get a solution for this therefore built our own work around.  Using the “paymentTermsFreeText” field we are populating our alternate remit address and payment method to be entered in position one and two. Then we’ve built a custom event to update this in the installment plan once it’s in the posting proposal form. It’s working well.   We are a CAD company that deals with non deductible tax codes which is also not handled in the XML file so added that in this field as well using position 3 and 4 (therefore in sample below the amounts you see are taxes separate by semicolon).   Not ideal to have these “hacks” but on this version for now anyhow, we are stuck.  At least it automates it for us.

Hi Rcoubrou

Perfect thanks for the detailed workarround solution. I think this will also work for us.

by the way are you allowed to export the custom event?

Best Regards

sophal

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

with the xml an account information can be transferred. BUT the account is “only” validated against the default account setup on the supplier.

If I recall correctly it would not be able to pass another payment information even if it is available in supplier payment method basic data and is not default.

Kind regards

Ralph

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

with the xml an account information can be transferred. BUT the account is “only” validated against the default account setup on the supplier.

If I recall correctly it would not be able to pass another payment information even if it is available in supplier payment method basic data and is not default.

Kind regards

Ralph

Hi Ralph

I had the same thoughts. According to the IFS xml Scheme this Identification is being used for identify the supplier, but correct me if i am wrong.

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Rcoubrou

Perfect thanks for the detailed workarround solution. I think this will also work for us.

Best Regards

sophal

Hi,

I am a technical developer that works with Rcoubrou, to ensure the privacy of our code I’ll avoid exporting it, but here is the full solution we are using:

1. Update the IFS_FINVOICE_TO_IFS_EINVOICE transformer. The paymentTermsFreeText value in the XML set to update c100 value (this will map to the invoice_tab.correction_reason field once the invoice is created 

2. Create custom event against the invoice_tab. It will fire whenever new objects are created. Ensure the correction field is one of the available attributes 
  3. Create the event action that reads the value in the invoice_tab.correction_reason field
    • First created a function that reads the correction_reason value and returns the desired value. 
    • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Have the event use those values to do post processing at the time the invoice is created. It will need to be a background job to avoid mutating table errors. Here we have created a procedure that will run in a background job to set the payment method:

Best wishes,

-Lavon

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Rcoubrou

Best Regards

sophal

Hi,

I am a technical developer that works with Rcoubrou, to ensure the privacy of our code I’ll avoid exporting it, but here is the full solution we are using:

1. Update the IFS_FINVOICE_TO_IFS_EINVOICE transformer. The paymentTermsFreeText value in the XML set to update c100 value (this will map to the invoice_tab.correction_reason field once the invoice is created 

2. Create custom event against the invoice_tab. It will fire whenever new objects are created. Ensure the correction field is one of the available attributes 
  3. Create the event action that reads the value in the invoice_tab.correction_reason field
    • First created a function that reads the correction_reason value and returns the desired value. 
    • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Have the event use those values to do post processing at the time the invoice is created. It will need to be a background job to avoid mutating table errors. Here we have created a procedure that will run in a background job to set the payment method:

Best wishes,

-Lavon

Hi Lavon

Thank you so much for your effort :). That will help me a lot.

Best Regards

Sophal