Question

RMA Tax doesn't transfer to Invoice

• 31 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

We are using IFS10 I believe and have recently been having an issue where there is tax on the RMA but when it is invoiced it does not show up. We use Avatax as our tax system. Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and how we can fix it?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

It is important to enter the correct address information.

Check the Customer’s Delivery Address for the Company that the RMA was created for. 

Also, check to confirm whether or not the Delivery Address was modified on the RMA (Single Occurrence checkbox is checked if address was modified) 

Use Application Base Setup/Enterprise/Basic Data for states, cities, and counties, and then use the List of Values whenever possible to select valid values. Values for all the U.S. states are pre-installed in States. County and city can be selected from the List of Values or entered manually. Postal (zip) codes must be entered manually.

Check the Delivery Tax Information of the Customer’s Ship To Address for the Company in which the Invoice is created to confirm that the Tax Liability is set to TAX and NOT to EXEMPT.

As well as the Sales Part for the Return Site to confirm that the part is checked as Taxable.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Sheri

Badge +2

Hi :)

See that is what is so crazy. I have checked literally all of these options. We had issues with the EXEMPT option a while back. None of these RMA’s I have, had that as a problem. 

I am noticing the issue is under the credit charges vs the Return Material Lines.

Could that be the problem?

Thanks,

Jaime

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Not sure...

Check the Charge Type used in the issue mentioned and see if it is set as Taxable. Also, see whether Use Price Incl Tax is checked or not.

Also check the setup for the Company/Tax Control/General tab to see what Tax Code Validations for Customer Tax are set to? Object Level, Address Level or Transaction Level

Badge +2

So I am seeing that they are all set to Taxable for the charge type, however, should the Use Price Incl Tax be checked or not? None of mine are?

For the next portion, the only ones that have any of those tax boxes checked are international ones. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

So I am seeing that they are all set to Taxable for the charge type, however, should the Use Price Incl Tax be checked or not? No

None of mine are? Ok

For the next portion, the only ones that have any of those tax boxes checked are international ones. Ok

On the Company/Tax Control/External Tax System tab are both of the Tax Integration Parameters checkboxes checked?

What Update level are you currently on?

Can you recreate the issue at will? If not, can you please provide more information about the RMA?

For example: Is the RMA automatically created from an existing Customer Order or created manually without a connected CO? Include Tax related parameters at the Company, Customer Delivery Address, RMA Delivery Address (if modified), Sales Part and Charge Type levels.

Additionally, see another issue with wrong calculation for RMA Tax line via the link below. (It may or may not be related, there is a Bug ID and Solution referenced. You may need to log a support call to IFS Support at this point.)

RMA line tax issue | IFS Community

Best regards, 

Sheri

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

On the Sales Charge Type for the Site referenced in the RMA Header, is there a Tax Code entered in the Tax Code field?