Solved

Repalce Invoice Recipient in IFS APP 10

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo
I have a person how left the company. Now her person ID is still entered as “Invoice Recipient” in the Supplier - Invoice - General. 

When I block the person, than the new person are not able to enter a Manual Supplier Invoice.
So I have to repalce this person ID to the new person ID. How I can do this in a easy way?
Best Regards,
André

icon

Best answer by andjor 21 August 2023, 11:29

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You would have to use a script or migration job to do the update.  There are many things have to be transitioned when a user leaves before you can just turn them off.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello @andjor 

In the Supplier window, aren't you allowed the previous person's detail from supplier window and add the new person’s detail under invoice recipient tag?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo

I can do it manually directly in Windows Supplier - Invoice - General. But this task is to be done for more than 700 suppliers. This is just the beginning as we have several companies in IFS App 10. There should be a function in IFS by default to make such changes. We are not the only company how has this kinde of cases. Or?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

As Shawn suggested, you can use migration job to replace invoice recipient in supplier master data. 

Or you can define substitute or superior authorizer for the person who left the company - with id of the person currently responsible for these duties.

I think there is no function dedicated for such a case, but the options available are not too difficult to execute.. 

Badge +3

Hi,

DId you use a Migration Job?  My job at the moment fails with ‘Read Only Grants for IFSINFO’.

Thanks,

Denise

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

With migration job, you need to execute it usinguser id having access to the action/method called by this job, otherwise it will fail with the error message similar to one you have received. IFSINFO, as an owner of IALs has normally read-only access to all objects.

Badge +3

Hi Adam, thanks - I am executing it as IFSAPP, shouldn’t that have all access?  

Regards,

Denise

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

If you do it by IFSAPP, then error message related to IFSINFO access must not be related to the job execution as such - but rather with the function called. Perhaps there is an event related to the change you are doing, which is using IFSINFO access?

Badge +3

Hi Adam,

I am only using one method in the Method List, IDENTITY_INVOICE_INFO_API and modifying just one column.  I have run the debugger while executing the job but it is not helping me identify the issue.  

Regards,

Denise

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Dear Denise

I use the IFS Excel Migration Tool for the the change of the Invoice Recipient. It it the best way for us. At the moment, I ‘m on job to replace the salesperson on the customers in the same way.

Best Regards,

André 

Badge +3

Thanks André, that was really good of you to attach the screenshots.  My job is now working and will be re-used shortly as well.  Kind regards, Denise