Register Arrival Amount in GL mismatch

• 2 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

Could you please take a look at this transaction -  voucher  UNI202200153  amount $19,352. The whole PO value is $410.70 

Wondering what happened to it?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

More information is needed. This appears to be impacted by the receipt for row 4.

1. Check the conversion rate for USD to Canadian at the time of the receipt.
  2. Check the UOMs and conversions, if any.  Purchase UOM and Price UOM
  3. Check the quantity ordered vs. quantity received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@PraSheriS Thank you for your reply. I checked the price of the PO line. Line 4 was changed after the line 4 goods receipt. hence the issue.

so my question is,

1. if the payment is not made for this line, we should be able to cancel the invoice and redo the goods receipt?
  2. if the payment is done on this line, we cannot cancel the receipt, we can do manual reverse on the GL line?

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Ron, 

You’re welcome. 

My advice...you need to do more research.

How was the PO line changed after the receipt transaction was created?

Was there a change on the po line to match the invoice, or was it actually that the invoiced amount that was entered was higher than the PO price and it updated the receipt transaction or simply updated the Project Activity for the PPV higher?  As I do not recognize the Voucher Type shown.

You need to find out if the invoice amount is correct or not.

If the invoice amount is INCORRECT, you should cancel the supplier invoice, if possible (not already in PaidPosted, PartiallyPaid, etc. status). It may resolve the problem with the amount on the receipt transaction without having to cancel the receipt. You should look at it closely and determine whether or not the receipt amount is still incorrect and take the necessary action…

Then enter the supplier invoice correctly, taking note of the Quantities received and quantities invoiced, currency codes, rates and conversions, etc. 

If the invoice is already paid...and the supplier was overpaid, you should create a credit invoice to correct the situation, including the Project and Activity Seq. rather than a manual journal entry.

If the invoice amount is CORRECT you shouldn’t need to do anything further from a financial perspective, however, from a Project Reporting perspective, you will see a change in Actual Cost vs. Estimated, Planned, and Committed Costs on the Activity.

Hope this helps as I don’t have all of the info necessary to say for certain.

Kind regards,

Sheri

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@PraSheriS Appreciated. will follow your advise.