Post a customer invoice with withhold tax

• 22 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 17 replies

Hello,

We want to post a customer invoice with withholding tax, but when we release it, the status sets to “printed” and we don’t see the way to post it.

We don’t have this problems if we release a customer invoice without withholding tax, in this case the status sets to “ContabAuth”. This is correct.

This is one example:

We are working with IFS9.

I will appreciate any kind of help.

Best regards,

Amaia

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Please see the Window “Customer Invoices with Errors”. You can find the reason for not posting it correctly. May be you might have not defined the Postings correctly for WHT or some other error relating to WHT if it happens only when you have WHT codes.

After rectifying the error, you can process the invoice from that window it self.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you for your answer, Rajith.

Looking in the window you mention, I found this error:

“ORA-20105: Invoice.ACCERROR1: Error (The Payment Type "CUSTTAXWITHHOLD" does not exist.) occurred while booking Invoice PJ 222013.

I don’t know the payment process, which configuration need to be done for this case. 

Request you to please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

Best regards,

Amaia

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

See whether you have defined a payment type for WHT in the following window.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Rajith,

I have added the payment type for WHT and the posting type PP78 in Posting Control.

Now, when I release the invoice, two vouchers are created: one with B voucher type and one with F voucher type. 

The status in the invoice is “PartlyPaidPosted”.

I think it is correct, but I’m not sure.

Thank you for your help.

Amaia

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Amaia,

Yes, it is correct based on your set up. The point at which the WHT is applied is depending on the Tax Method of the Tax Code level. I hope you have added it as Invoice Entry in this case (both Received and Disburse). If it is set to Payment, WHT will be applied at the Payment.

You can set this as per the requirement.

Hope this clarifies some of your concerns.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes, our WHT is defined as Invoice Entry tax method.

Thank you for your clarifications.

Best regards,

Amaia