Question

Non-Supplier Payments unable to be executed via supplier payment orders

Badge +2

Hi,

The system is firing the below error message when I try to acknowledge the payment order which consists of a non-supplier payment. As per the error message, it is requesting to use the mixed payment screen instead. However as per the IFS online documentation, the ‘automatic supplier payment on file’ activity diagram shows that non-supplier payments can be done using payment orders. It doesn’t mention anything about using mixed payment screen for non-supplier payments.

The IFS version I am using is Apps 10 upd 15. 

Appreciate if anyone could share your thoughts on this and advise how I should go about with processing non-supplier payments. Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am not sure how it works in version 10, but originally, in older versions, non-supplier payments were converted in mixed payment into “Direct Cash Payment” transactions (and not “Acknowledge Supplier Payment Order”) - using Open Planned non-supplier payments option. 
It is possible that they are not handled in Create Payment option  in Acknowledge Payment window.

Badge +2

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your response. Appreciate it.

And Yes, I tried out the mentioned process and it works.

However what I am trying to understand is that, when creating the supplier payment proposal if the system has an option to select non-supplier invoices and it picks such invoices to payment orders, why doesn’t it allow it to be acknowledged in the relevant screen? What is the rationale for such an error message to pop up?

I will wait for some more responses to see if anyone has more insights into this and if any one had actually succeeded in making non-supplier payments via payment orders. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, sure, please wait.
I can add that non-supplier payments was originally local requirement from Poland, and  in Poland usually mixed payments are used to register entire bank statement in single mixed payment, bypassing bank statement load and reconciliation functions. 

In my current environment non-supplier payments have been modified - they are used as a way to pay travel expenses to employees. I am not fully happy with the way this solution works - while it pass by Create Payment option, in AP I can see these payments as SUPOAs on employee, perhaps it was a problem to create payment voucher using non-supplier definition indeed...

Badge +2

I am currently working on the non-supplier payment to acknowledge them with “Acknowledge Supplier Payment Orders” but after I pressed “Acknowledge Payment” I receive the error message: Recurring Payment or Non-Supplier Payment exists. Mixed Payment should be used !

Is it anyway possible to it via Acknowledge Supplier Payment Orders or do we have to do it via Mixed Payment?

IFS Cloud: IFS Cloud Web version: 23.1.1.xxx

Thank you in advance for your help,

Benjamin

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
If I understand it well, you need to use Mixed Payment to post payment order lines related to Non-Supplier Payments (converting them to Direct Cash Payments transactions). 
You can use Mixed payment to post lines related to supplier payment  from payment order as well (as Acknowledge Supplier Payment Order transaction/transactions) or approve mixed paymen with non-supplier items and then use  Acknowledge Supplier Payment Orders window to post the rest. 

At least this was as designed in older IFS versions

Badge +2

Hello Adam, the plan from our customer was to have the non-supplier invoice in the supplier payment proposal and create the voucher direct in that flow without using mixed payment at all. Because this are more steps to use mixed payment as well.

But if I understand correct, it is mandatory to use Mixed Payment in the non-supplier payment flow at all. There is no change to acknowledge and post the supplier proposal without using Mixed Payment.

Badge +2

Dear all, In my tests I have encountered, that negative Non-Supplier Payments are not taken into consideration in a supplier payment proposal, even if I have enabled the function to show credit invoices as well. Does anybody know if that is a bug or a feature? Is this the non supplier payment function more for polish or UK customer instead for Germany?