MT940 / CAMT.053 using Bank Account to find customer

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 76 replies

Hi all,

Is there anyone who is using the Bank Account from the customer, to clasify the Payment as Customer Payment? Could you please share what setting is needed to have this working? Mainly on customer side, but also below would be great.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Arend ,

You need to define the Electronic payment address in the customer with the bank account (Account Number column) information for that Customer under the above payment method. Additionally in the External Payment parameter window you need to set the matching parameters as shown above. For the length column you need to provide the Length of Bank account number and for Interval From and To number columns Minimum and Maximum values that could be available for the bank account. For example if the Length of Bank account is 6 you can provide 000000 to 999999 for the From and To interval column respectively. 

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Akila,

The first struggle i run into, is that i cannot connect any Payment Address to the MT940 Payment Method. So what is preventing this? (IFS help is this area i find lacking).

Secondly - bank accounts are looking differently in the whole world. Some would be in IBAN format, some would not. Having to define a rule for each option sounds like a lot of admin.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Arend,

Electronic payment method option enable based on the Payment format. What is the payment format you are using? Generally Payment formats which will generate a payment file will enable Electronic payment address while payment formats that does not require account information such as Check will not enable the RMB option. You can check which payment formats has this by using RMB option Payment address presentation in the Payment formats window records. You can change the Payment address presentation using this RMB as well.

I agree with your second point and that is the reason we do not recommend using bank account as a matching parameter most of the time. But all of the Customer related parameters have same limitation and control. It is hard to define a static logic to look up the customer as different countries has different setup in related to IBAN, Bank Account or Tax IDs. However, if you can convince the customer to refer a fixed unique reverence no for each customer when making the payment you can map it to the Association No or Identifier reference in the customer.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila