Question

Manual Supplier Invoice Tax App10

• 20 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

HI

I have a client who upgraded from Apps9 to Apps10.  When creating an invoice in Apps 9 for a PO with no tax, the line information does not pull in the tax code.  When creating an exact invoice in Apps 10, it puts a tax code on the line information.   I can remove it prior to saving.  However, we are trying to figure out why this is happening.  We have verified the information for the company and Supplier is the same in Apps9 and Apps10.  

Anyone thoughts on this issue?

Identical POs

Manual Supplier, tax code is added to the Line information in Apps 10.  

Removed Tax code in line information and corrected Tax in header to be zero again. I then saved the invoice and the tax information did not reappear. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

From App9 to 10, there’re quite a few enhancements when it comes to Tax Control Structures in IFS. 

The taxes are fetched from both object level and the address level. See below:

In the Company > Tax Control > General > Supplier Tax, see if the Object Level and / or the transaction level are checked.

If yes, the tax codes might be fetched from Purchase Part / Purchase Charge Type. 

In your situation I believe it might be the transaction level that’s checked above. Thus if the Purchase Part, Purchase Charge Type or the no part order line is taxable, it is required to enter tax on supplier invoices. Please check if that’s the setting on IFS. 

If not, RMB on the line and see if a Tax Control Structure is active. 

Hi,

Maybe the Supplier has Default Tax Code enterred in his definition on Invoice / Tax Information tab.

Than this Tax code is entered when you creating new invoice line.

Best Regards,
Pawel Dworzynski

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

HI Pawel

Thank you.  They are not checked. However, I did find that the Modify Tax % in Tax Codes is check.

It looks like it is updating the existing tax information in preliminary invoices.  

Could this be what adding the tax code?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Pawel

The modify Tax % in Tax Codes has not significance on the problem.