Solved

Manual customer invoice - Ledger account

• 24 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

I need to create manual customer invoices with a ledger account at manual posting.

Is there a way to do that ? I tried through manual voucher wich is impossible too.

How is it possible to override this limitation ?

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Ramessh Kanna 24 January 2024, 10:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Abdessamad 

You can create a Q voucher in manual voucher window. This will allow you to use ledger account. Please keep in mind that if the ledger account is connected AP or AR modules then you may have imbalance between GL and AP/AR module.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @gumabs 

Thank you for your response.

Indeed this is why we don’t want to use the Q voucher.

Is there another way ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

- Create a Specific Customer Group and attach the Group to the Specific Customers you will be creating the Invoice to.

- Change the Posting Control with only that Customer Group for the Specific Day. 

- Connect the “Ledger Account” to the Customer Group

- Create the Manual Invoice in Minus so that the IP2 Posting will be credited.

- Once the Invoices are printed and the Voucher is transferred to GL, reverse the Posting Control to the Old way to the Current Date

Thank You

Badge

Hello @Abdessamad 

Manual postings in manual customer invoice would always be possible on the non-collective/ledger accounts.

Same goes with manual vouchers (except for Q type voucher).

It would be interesting to know in what business scenario you want to do a transaction between 2 ledger accounts without going through the standard AP/AR modules. 

One possible option would be to go through a transitory account for a manual posting in manual customer invoice.

Then create a credit note/negative manual customer invoice and use the same transitory account. You can use different voucher types to trigger different ledger accounts via IP2 postings on these invoices. 

Regards,

Ketan GARUD

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Ramessh Kanna Thank you for your response, it works for me