Skip to main content
Question

Korean VAT Tax in APPS10

• 17 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Does IFS APPS10 release 14 support Korean VAT Tax?  We only want to collect and not report VAT.

We currently use AvaTax for USD and CAD companies.  Can IFS support Korean VAT Tax in the USD Company?

7 replies

Badge

Please check this existing community post.

Financial / Tax Reporting for South Korea and Japan | IFS Community

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

That is not what we are wanting.  We want to set up a customer to use a specific tax code in Company 1 USD.  Company 1 USD is configured for Avalara for Sales Tax.

We want a specific customer to not use Avalara but have its own tax code for collecting tax, and not sending the data to Avalara.

This is what we have for the Customer Delivery Tax Information, however the Order line is not getting any tax.

​​​

What triggers the Order line to get a tax code?

I can manually add the Tax code and get tax on the order, but we want this to automatically populate the tax code.

Thank you,

Yvette

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In the below set up, that customer would have KR tax code, when the goods were shipped from a location (site) in Korea. 

What site / country is actually doing the shipment to your customer?    Per the fact you have no tax codes on your order, I assume the location (site) where the goods are sent from is not Korea.   

Best Regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Thomas,

The Shipment is coming out of the Korean Warehouse.  Order does show the Supply Country of Korea, Republic Of.  What else should I check?  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Updated the Company’s Site S97 to have the KR Tax Code.  Created order, but still now tax.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I tested this years ago, it was working, not sure why it’s not working for you. Sure, I had not tested in a Avalara type environment, but I would expect it to be OK. 

Did you log a support case?    If not, I would suggest a support case - the issue is more tax related not specific to anything about Korea.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick response.  I did have an IFS Case and they confirmed that it would be a customization.

Avalara configuration manually for Korea, does get tax.  I want to get IFS Standard Tax Rate of 10% to work without having to call Avalara.  We only want to collect the amount and not report it using Avalara.