Badge +7

How do we cancel the Preliminary customer invoice 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Nagarjuna 

May I know the customer invoice type? 
Is it a customer order invoice/ Manual Customer Invoice? or Instant Invoice?

If It is a manual customer invoice, there is a RMB option called “Cancel Invoice”

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Nagarjuna ,

If it’s a Preliminary Customer Order Debit Invoice, in App8, there’s no right click option to cancel a preliminary Customer Order Debit Invoice. An RMA and subsequent credit invoice would need to be created in order to offset the customer order debit invoice.

The only customer order invoice where the right click option "Cancel Invoice" is active is in the Customer Credit Invoice that is created directly from a Customer Order debit invoice.

If it’s a Preliminary  Instant Invoice, you have the option to delete the invoice.

If it’s a Preliminary Manual Customer Invoice, you can right click and Cancel Invoice.

Hope the above explanation is clear :)

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Nagarjuna 

May I know the customer invoice type? 
Is it a customer order invoice/ Manual Customer Invoice? or Instant Invoice?

If It is a manual customer invoice, there is a RMB option called “Cancel Invoice”

Best regards

Heshani

Its a customer order debit invoice

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nagarjuna ,

If it’s a Preliminary Customer Order Debit Invoice, in App8, there’s no right click option to cancel a preliminary Customer Order Debit Invoice. An RMA and subsequent credit invoice would need to be created in order to offset the customer order debit invoice.

The only customer order invoice where the right click option "Cancel Invoice" is active is in the Customer Credit Invoice that is created directly from a Customer Order debit invoice.

If it’s a Preliminary  Instant Invoice, you have the option to delete the invoice.

If it’s a Preliminary Manual Customer Invoice, you can right click and Cancel Invoice.

Hope the above explanation is clear :)

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Hi Madusha,

Thanks for your reply 

We don’t have cancel option and credit invoice option

Hi,

From the Application for that kind of invoice: a Preliminary Customer Order Debit Invoice,

you can only print and post that invoice and next Create Correction Invoice for this one. Option Create Correction Invoice is available for posted invoices only.

Best Regards,

Pawel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This may be a stupid question but I’m asking anyway.  - I assume apps 8. Correct?????

What’s driving the need to cancel the preliminary invoice?    In newer versions we can cancel.   In older versions not so much. So, do we have other options than trying to cancel. 

If I remember correctly in that version you can still edit data on the preliminary invoice. If you have “bad data” you may be able to fix the invoice rather than canceling.  If fixing the data an option? 

Best regards, 

Thomas