Question

Invoice print error due to report error

• 20 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are seeing the following error when trying to print a customer invoice 

GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : 'javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The end-tag for element type "PRICE_UNIT_MEA" must end with a '>' delimiter.''

This happens when I do ‘reprint modified’. Also when I try to do reprint original from archive i get the same error but this time a little bit different:

GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_ERROR:Failed transforming report data : 'javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Element type "INVOICE_TEXT" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".''

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

It’s mindblowing that this has been active for 7 months and no IFS employees have responded to this

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@bdoucette - I think once things fall below the first page of topics in a section, they can get overlooked. I try to surface topics that need a reply, but newer ones are often answered first.

@Dexpne - Were you able to find a solution? I looked but didn’t see a knowledge base article with this error either. Can you update us on if you still need help or found a solution and I’ll send this to a few employees for insight. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @KristenGastaldo,

As a customer of IFS, respectfully, I don’t think that speaks well for the status of this board and the support offered to IFS customers. IFS Cloud is a massive piece of software with tons of areas where the average person cannot navigate. 

When IFS themselves suggest either reading outdated documentation that has multiple broken links, or to go to this board that appears to only have a couple active moderators (You’ve been very good at responding to items by the way, this just can’t be handled by only one person and you’re the only moderator that I’ve seen in my 9 months of being on this board), it gives IFS a bad look.

Just thought I’d share my concerns.

Best,
Bryan

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey folks thanks for the feedback and follow up. Unfortunately we are not able to solve this issue. We had to go out to third party IFS consultants who are working on this with our IT department. Will keep you posted.