Question

How to unallocate a matching (supplier payment or customer receipt) that was done in a previous closed period.

• 4 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’ve seen both, how to unallocate customer receipt and supplier payment questions here in the community, all answers reference cancelling the matching within the mixed payment to create a parked payment and then using the customer/supplier offset proposal to allocate as you wish.

But you can’t cancel the matching if the mixed payment was done in a previous closed period.  And you can’t open an old period up as it’s been reported on and audited.

Any ideas please?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, you can almost always perform a partial rollback.   This essentially moves the cash from an invoice payment / invoice matching and moves this to a parked payment /company cash.    Exceptions would include a check payment. Checks are a bit “special”.  

You would then use that parked payment / company cash as needed - typically moving this to another customer invoice. 

Very similar to what you have read, except - start with a partial rollback.   Note - a complete rollback reverses the “cash” entry, a partial moves the cash to what IFS calls a parked payment (company cash)

Best regards. 

Badge +1

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. 

I can see the option to partially rollback, but only on supplier offsets and not mixed payments.  When I try to partially rollback a December 2022 offset, I can change the voucher date to the current period but when clicking ok the error message reads:

Seems a strange message to say the original period is OPEN and not shut as you would expect.  I’ve checked the period and it is in fact closed.

Thanks

Stephen

Badge +1

I’ve found that you can do the partial rollback in Enterprise Explorer but not in Aurena.  IFS bug I think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Regarding the error message - I have not tested in Aurena. However, IMO you “must” be able to change the voucher date.  The default should be the date of the original transaction (assuming the period is open) and allow it to be changed to current / open period. - IMO.  If not working, then please log a call center case.  From previous testing, the ability to select the “appropriate” date may not always appear to be possible, when in fact the correct date can be used. 

So … Take a look, and log a case if not working as it should. 

Best regards. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Thomas Peterson what is the “special” way to partially rollback a check on a mixed payment. Our team is processing cash receipts as mixed payments and marked them as checks when in deed most are ACHs...so the partial rollback is greyed out.