Question

Help with script needed to automate reprinting of customer invoices

• 7 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Really could use some help wring a script that with help us reprint over 1000 invoices!

So, a new company came on board with our IFS setup. We created invoices which were sent out by email, but the mail format led to some customers thinking it was spam. We would like to resend them but can’t find an easy way.

I have tried reprinting options (reprint modified) from the ‘customer invoices’ screen, selecting multiple lines but the e-mail event (PDF created fires the event - standard out the book setup) does not fire!

It does fire however when I go into individual invoices, right mouse click and select to reprint. The problem is I have 1200+ to do!

so wondering.. is there a way I can use the debug tool, to take the sql needed to automate a script to reprint invoices? -my sql knowledge is limited at best 

any help appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@BLLBrucemo were you able to resolve this. I am in the same boat now.
you have anything to share how to resend invoice pdf’s in bulk once created.

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Am afraid we haven't been able to resolve. We are speaking with a consultant, plan being to come up with a custom API call that will be able to run through a quick report. I did try myself, but didn't manage to get it to work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@BLLBrucemo not sure if this will help in your case, but i had a small batch couldn’t sent to customers due to server down issue. and we used following api and was able to resend invoices to customers. 

print_job_api.print(rec.print_job_id);

we actually had print_job_id’s to resend so just sent a range of about 200 invoices and they are all good for us.