Solved

Group Consolidation error - Period of Transaction

• 6 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello All,

I am testing the group consolidation functionality and I believe I have set up all of the basic data required.  When I try to Consolidate Balances from the Consolidation Status screen I am getting this error message 

there is no place to enter the period of transaction.  I assumed that it would default from the period entered for the consolidation status.

Has anyone seen this before?

icon

Best answer by CBKLeasure 17 September 2022, 20:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I noticed you’ve consolidated period 7. Have you performed consolidation first for periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6? Because IFS does cumulative consolidations and then period consolidated values are calculated, this might be the cause of the issue

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The first period that contains transactions is period 7.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you please try consolidating period 1 to see if you see the same error then?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Period 1 is showing a successful consolidation.

There are no balances in consolidation since there were no reported balances in January.  Do you recommend completing each month up to July?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I consolidated periods 1 through 6 with no issues.  Still getting the error for period 7.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks for giving that a try. Without looking into the transactions or the setup it will be hard to establish the cause of the issue. I would suggest raising a support case.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The issue was the Ultimate Ownership field.  This should be set to No

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, 

I have also come accross this error and IFS support identified that the issue were the group consolidation posting controls; since some should be using a P&L account and other should have a balance sheet account. 

Thanks