Question

Fixed Asset with incorrect Acquisition Date

• 22 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I have a fixed asset that was imported with the incorrect acquisition date and couple of depreciation have already been run. 

What are my options to correct this? 

Rollback depreciation and deactivate object and create a new object with correct acquisition date ?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@ManilkaP what you could do is the following:

→ rollback depreciation

→ deactivate fixed asset object

→ activate fixed asset object → in the activate FA Object window you have the possibility to change the Activation Date

There’s no need to create a new FA Object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ManilkaP what you could do is the following:

→ rollback depreciation

→ deactivate fixed asset object

→ activate fixed asset object → in the activate FA Object window you have the possibility to change the Activation Date

There’s no need to create a new FA Object.

Yes, there’s no need to create new object. 
One point - if your object was imported, as you mentioned, you should rollback Import transaction as well and repeat it with correct acquisition date.

Badge +3

Thanks @Adam Bereda and @Marcel.Ausan . We decided to just deactivate the assets and create a new asset. 

However, even after I rolled back the depreciation and the Import transaction the asset status changed to Registered automatically and the Deactivate Object option is greyed out. 

I can’t delete it either since there are GL transactions. I have updated the GL after the rollback so nothing in hold table for these assets. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

If the object is in Registered status - you are free to Import it again with different values/dates - or to reuse it for other purposes. It cannot be deleted du to history. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

You should be able to re-do the Import Object now….

Cheers,

Graham

Badge +3

The object ID itself is incorrect so I actually want  deactivate this object and create a new one. When will the system allow deactivation ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am afraid this is alll yoiu can do - object is in initial status, it cannot be removed due to history, and you can change everything on it now except object id...

Badge +3

Thanks @Adam Bereda

But that is a problem isn't it, If some one purchase an asset ( PO group connected to Object Group) approves and releases PO but decide to cancels the PO the next day. All it does is give an information message 

Does it mean the fixed asset will forever be in the FA registry in investment ( registered if we rollback) ?

or is there some process to get this reversed ?

**Assuming the PO was created by mistake and we will not be creating a new PO as a replacement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
Object created for some reason, with reversed/deactivated acquisition accounting cannot be deleted, and must stay forever in FA register as it was used on GL transaction. 

It can be left behind in Registered status or resused for any other purpose (except object id you can change all other attributes - name, group, preposting, custodian etc. ).

In your hypothetical case of object connected to a PO line (I suspect non-inventory purchase) I do not recommend using FA acquisition account in receipt posting (if non-inventory receipts are posted), but only in invoice/PO matching posting (M93).
When you then cancel PO line which was not received, you have a chance to modify PO line preposting (removing reference to the object) making it possible to delete object manually. If receipt was made and voucher posted to GL - object is used in GL and cannot be deleted.