Question

Entering purchase invoices from a customer

• 17 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, we receive invoices from our customers that we need to enter against the customer ledger, as they will deduct from their payment.  What is the best process in APPS10 to enter these transactions?  I have tried using Instant Invoices (entering a negative amount), this shows on the customer ledger but the tax is not showing in the tax ledger - tax report proposal.  Am I using the correct screen or should check the tax code that I am using?  

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

for this purpose you can use Instant Invoice or Manual Customer Invoice (in Manual Customer Invoice you can specify only amounts without information, what was sold and how many objects was sold).

If you don’t see tax transactions, probably wrong tax code is used or postings was not updated to GL.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ElaineC ,

Tax transactions entered in instant invoice should appear in tax ledger.

Hope you have run the tax fetch ledger functionality before checking and vouchers generated are updated to GL from hold table.

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ElaineC ,

Are you referring to Customer Invoices with a WTH (witholding tax) component?

BR/Janith

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you all for your help. 

Problem is with the tax code, we’re using a reverse charge code on a customer document.  I’m going to look at setting the customer up as a supplier so the tax is reported correctly.