Solved

Depreciation proposal is suddenly calculated using wrong factor

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

Need your kind advice.
My company is using IFS version 8.

We tried create depreciation proposal for period 12 of 2023. They successfully created this; however, they said the depreciation amount is incorrect.

Upon checking on of the asset object as below example, you can see that the amount generated for depreciation period 12 have an unordinary amount.

I have taken a look at depreciation proposal history for period 12 of 2023, it seem the factor and Eval factor is different from usual. Below for your reference. I suspect that this might be the cause of issue

We have tried to rollback the depreciation and create new depreciation proposal but the issue remained. Can you help to advice on how to rectify this?

above show incorrect depreciation amount for P12 

As per checked, for some reason factor is calculated using factor Residual and eval factor 0 instead of usual factor and eval factor as in the previous period

I suspect this causing the incorrect depreciation amount. FYI, there is no new object id added for the period

Appreciate if any of you can help to advice on how I can make sure that my new depreciation proposal run will calculate using correct factor

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 9 January 2024, 18:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

1. Check the Depreciation Method
  2. Life time of the Asset

Thank You

Badge +4

Hi,

Please check the ‘Estimated Life’ of the asset.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello
How is your depreciation method defined? I guess it is either remaining value/remaining months or remaining value/remaining period type. 

As per history:

In period 11 remaining life of the object was 58 months, so in period 12 we expect calculation as 57 months. 
This means than between period 11 and 12 something has changed.
If method is remaining value/remaining months, than most probably change is in estimated life of an object, which has been shortened and system decided to depreciate full remaining value at once. 
In case of method remaining value/remaining period, above reason might be valid, but other possibilty exists - perhaps periods of year 2024 and subsequent do not exist in depreciation calendar? if problem affects all objectrs, perhaps someone has changed default depreciation calendar?  

Badge +3

Hi Adam Bareda,

Yes you are right. The factor change to residual due to missing depreciation calendar for year 2024. Upon adding this and creating new depreciation proposal, the system calculate the depreciation correctly. Thanks a lot for your kind attention and advice. Appreciate it.

Thanks to Himarshi and Ramessh as well for your advice