Question

Deleting a site

• 7 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I’m trying to delete a site in IFS10 but get an error message saying the site is used by 1 rows in another object (inventory value).  Does anyone have any ideas which screen this is referring to?

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Elaine,

please check inventory transaction history window if any transaction had been reported to the relevant site.

Best regards,

Kanishka

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Kanishka,

There are no transactions against the site, it’s a new site that was set up in error.  The site is in a company that we have not gone live with yet.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Elaine,

Ok if the site is new,

First deleted connected users if any and extended site details then try to delete the site.

Best regards,

Kanishka

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ElaineC 

These are the steps you need to follow to delete the site.

- Go to 'Sites per User'. Search for the user whom the site was created by.

- Delete the respective entry of the site.

- Go to 'Site' window. Search for the newly created site. (If the site window is already opened, refresh the window)

- Then take cursor to any field filled in 'Extended Site Info'.

- Click on the 'Delete' icon. All the information filled in 'Extended Site Info' will be crossed of. Save. (Do not delete filled information individually. This is wrong and system will not let you delete the site)

- Now take the cursor to the 'Site' filed. Click on the 'Delete' icon again. Save.

Thanks & Regards
Shan

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

The site is not attached to any users.

I have clicked on a field in the extended site info section and clicked delete.  I then get this error message 

Do you know which screen this error message is referring to?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

When a site is created “other” things are created such as the costing templates.   

Per the error message - it would appear that cost templates may need to be reviewed. 

FYI, if nobody has access to a site - it essentially does not exist.     I’m sure we can back trace all the items and connections that were created when the site was added.  Worst case if no other user has access to the site, it essentially does not exist. 

For example - Created a new site just for deletion test, and see the cost templates. 

Best regards,