Question

Customer Statement of Account auto email

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to get Customer Statement of Accounts to auto email to the Customers without them having access to IFS to pull up the statement from the Report Archive?  Using scheduled reports only sends an email with a link to IFS.  

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Which version are you using?

You can email adhoc from the print preview.

Have you tried setting up an event?   There is tech documentation via F1/help for ‘email’.  We commonly use the Printjob entity event:

You can also schedule customer statements to send in bulk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Not sure about the following comment .. “Using scheduled reports only sends an email with a link to IFS”. 

My experience has been different.   The event action that is used to notify of the report - same as what you appear to be using that sends the link to IFS via email can also send an attached file.    Rather than sending a link to IFS, include the PDF file.     It’s an option in the event action.  

Without knowing your version of IFS - I can say it should work, has worked for me and other clients.   Take a look and let me know. 

Review the event action and then see the ability to attach a file to the notification email. The attachment (in this example) would be the PDF of the report.   It’s essentially the same process we use for emailing invoices and purchase orders and similar reports.

Best regards, 

Thomas.