Question

Customer NSF check

• 1 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

Hello All,

We received an NSF rom a customer. The chq was deposited in the Customer Checks, and it was reconciled in the Mixed Payment. Is there any way to roll back this chq? If so, how, what screen would I use? Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Kim,

Yes it should be possible.

The solution depends how you have craeted the cheque. If cheque was craeted and cashed directly using mixed payment, you will get RMB option in the relevent mixed paymnet “ Cancel Check”.

However, if cheque was created first in cheque window and then later cashed via mixed payment then the relevent Mixed Payment needs to be cancelled first in order to cancel the cheque in cheque window.

Hope this would help you.

Best Regards,

Chirantha.

Badge +2

Hello @Chirantha,

Thank you so much for the reply, the chq was created first in the chq window and then cashed via mixed payment. And I figured I would have to cancel the mixed payment to cancel the chq, but if the Mixed payment has already been matched in a Bank Rec, how do I cancel the Bank Rec in order to cancel the Mixed Payment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Kim,

You can navigate to “ Manual transaction Mathcing” window, look for this payment ID and untick the Mathc transaction check box. That will remove your matching in Bank Rec.

Hope that it will not adversly affect your reconcilitation work as you are going to create a new cheque cashing and again match the transaction in bank rec. ( I hope so… you have to analyse the consequences of your work)

Best regards,

Chirantha.