Solved

Currency revaluation error

• 7 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HI,

Could some please help with below error when run currency reval?

thanks,

Claudia

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 8 February 2022, 00:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @CLAUDIAJI,

This could be due to vouchers that are not updated into the GL. Could you please follow the below mentioned steps and check if that resolves the issue.

1. Go to Voucher entry window and query for vouchers that vouchers which are for accounting period 2022-01. If you have any vouchers that are yet be updated into the GL, they will appear here.
  2. If there are any vouchers in the Voucher Entry window which are in ‘Approved’ State, then RMB on the header of that record > Instant update general ledger. This will update the vouchers in the wait table (Hold Table) into GL.

Alternatively, you can do this via ‘Update GL Vouchers’ window as well.

Try these steps and let me know if that resolved the issue.

Kind regards,

Shanuka

Badge +1

Hi!

Before executing the currency revaluation, any vouchers in Hold table should be updated to General ledger. You can use “Update GL Vouchers” function or go to “Voucher” window and query for 2022 period 1 and update the vouchers to GL for user group AC.

Regards,

Niluka

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Shanuka Lashan

When i query in voucher entry, there is one invoice showing as ‘error’

however, when I check in supplier ledger, the invoice was processed ok.

Not sure how to fix from here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @CLAUDIAJI,

If you go to the ‘Voucher Postings’ tab of the same window, you can see the error that has occurred during GL voucher update. Please send a screen print of it.

Kind regards,

Shanuka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Shanuka Lashan

I can see the error saying currency missing. I have added the currency for the  month, however how can I fix the error here? My currecny reval sitll not working showing there is voucher is waiting table in Jan 2022.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

That error message is probably due to the currency balance functionality where the currency code is also a code part value.  If using currency balance (looks like you are) then you need similar. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks everyone helping here, problem solved.