Question

Cost Element mapping for Shop Order

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 10 replies

Hello, 

Reaching out for your expert advice.

I have a shop order connected to a Project. The transactions are generated as in the table. At the cost bucket, the Inventory value gets distributed in Labour, Overhead and Direct Materials, but at Project Monitoring the cost split between cost elements - Labour, Overhead and Material is also to be displayed.

How should the cost elements be mapped to display those elements in Project Monitoring?

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

Is the cost element connected to account or to another code part in your case? 

I think you can use control type C90 - Cost source - to set-up your M40 posting control on code part connected with Project cost element, to achieve the distribution expected. Different cost elements require different postings created.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

Thank you very much. The cost element is connected to account. I will try mapping M40 with C90 and will update you.

Thanks again.

Kind regards
Rutuja

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It means you will need 3 accounts for work in progress - to separate labour, materials and overheads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda i really have the same issue when mapping M40 to Material, Labor, Overhead. when use LOV to select cost source, my system shows nothing. Wondering how to set up cost source to map the above 3 cost elements? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

Example of the solution using M91 control type - posting cost group:

Posting cost groups are defined per company:

and associated with cost bucket in costing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda You are awesome.