Question

Copy Posting Controls and Details

• 14 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Does any one has script that can copy Copy Posting Controls and Details from one company to another?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

Do you need script for that purpose? 
It is very easy to create Data migration jobs of type Replication… With just few clicks.

All you need is to precise in Where condition posting types you need to copy, and indicate target company or companies. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@GayanD 

I do not know if you have this in IFSAPP9, but in IFSAPP10, simply RMB on any posting control and select Copy to Companies for the RMB menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

First choice would be to use the above functionality (shown below) - data synchronization. I don’t remember if it was released in apps 10 or apps 9.   I’m kind of thinking this came out in apps 10. 

My second choice would be external files.  You could / would create three file types, posting control, posting control detail, and possibly the specification details.    This is my second choice as If you’ve done this before it may take a few minutes to create the file types.  It’s quick / easy and re-useable. 

Migration Job is my third choice mainly because I can create a new external file type and template in about 1 minute.  Migration Job takes me a few minutes / more per migration job.   Still a very good tool, for me external files are simply much easier / faster to set up. 

Downside is the ability to create new external files types is no longer available in the Aurena client. 

Best Regards