Question

Cloud: Use API to import accounting vouchers

• 8 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello

I can’t figure how to import data into accounting vouchers using the API”s. 

First I looked at the  VoucherHandling API but there are only GET functions and some PATCH but no POST to insert data in the Voucher entity.

I suppose that this table is protected and I tried to use the ExternalVoucherHandling to insert data in the ExternalVoucheSet as the file import in IFS does.

There is a POST function to insert lines in the ExternalVoucheSet but it ends up with the following error:

":"ORA-20111: ExtLoadInfo.FND_RECORD_NOT_EXIST: The Ext Load Info does not exist."

So I supposed that I needed to create first an ExtLoadInfoSet as a title for the lines.

In this API there are no POST functions with a json payload but a function called ExtLoadInfo_DoCreateVoucher.

I have tried to call this function with 2 parameters:  Company = XXX , LoadId=2 but I get this error:

Payload: {"error":{"code":"ODP_RESOURCE_NOTFOUND","message":"Resource not found."}}

This seems to indicate that the function does not exist either in the API or in the Oracle package being called.

I am completely stucked with these errors and my question is:

Does anybody knows how to import data into the accounting tables (voucher otr hold table) using Rest API. ?

It seems to me a very standard need and I hope someone has the answer.

Thank you for your help

JanickF

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi 

In similar quest here. Trying to figure out if there is anything ready-made to import vouchers to IFS accountig rules. Either directly of via the External Vouchers. Happy for any hint.

Cheers Jarek

Badge +1

Hi Jarek

I think that there is no way to import a voucher using  IFS API .

We finally used the extarnal voucher import from text files.

So we had to generate an import file following the required format and then import manually those files.

This is not so bad as many controls are being made when importing and this assures that the final input is correct.

If you need more details, please ask.

Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks! Will consider. Strange to hear anyway, considering all the API rhetorics