Question

Change delivery address on Customer Invoices

• 18 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Can I change the delivery address on an order after the invoice has been printed and re-print a new invoice with the updated delivery address?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

Once its printed it will not be possible to do it and this should be done in the preliminary status

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Yes, you can. But in a different way. 

You cannot change the delivery address ID on the invoice, but you can change the information within the address, and other data (for example customer name).   

The reprint modified option will essentially recreate a set of the invoice data when printing, certain data such as document text, address data, names for example are fetched again during the invoice print process.   

Reprint original maintains that original data.  

In the below example, I changed the customer's name and address (added revised) then used the reprint modified. As you can see the data on the invoice changed.    This is just a small snip of the invoice print out. 

If you change the invoice you should follow up and add notes to the order, regarding what was changed and why. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi, 

Yes, you can. But in a different way. 

You cannot change the delivery address ID on the invoice, but you can change the information within the address, and other data (for example customer name).   

The reprint modified option will essentially recreate a set of the invoice data when printing, certain data such as document text, address data, names for example are fetched again during the invoice print process.   

Reprint original maintains that original data.  

In the below example, I changed the customer's name and address (added revised) then used the reprint modified. As you can see the data on the invoice changed.    This is just a small snip of the invoice print out. 

If you change the invoice you should follow up and add notes to the order, regarding what was changed and why. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Where do I change the information for it to be updated when I select reprint modified?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

My bad. Good question. You could change the customer record.   The reprint modified process retrieves revised data from the customer (for certain data) and the customer order for other data such as document text. 

The process assumes you misspelled a name / address / similar for example 101 South Street, should have been 1001 South Avenue. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi,

My bad. Good question. You could change the customer record.   The reprint modified process retrieves revised data from the customer (for certain data) and the customer order for other data such as document text. 

The process assumes you misspelled a name / address / similar for example 101 South Street, should have been 1001 South Avenue. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Just for clarity, if I change this field in customer order, it will allow me to reprint modify with new delivery address.  Will there be anything else affected by this change?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

No.. That is what IFS calls a delivery address ID.  That will not work, as the invoice has that address ID and it can’t be changed. 

You can change the address data address 1, address 2, city, state, etc.   

Best regards,